Trend-watchers say a dream home is “open-concept,” and has granite countertops and stainless steel appliances in a chef’s kitchen. But the question I want you to think about is, what is your custom dream home?
Your dream custom home is…
- A place where you feel comfortable and relaxed
- Where you hunt Easter eggs and leave letters for Santa Claus
- Where you gather for family dinners or Saturday morning coffee
- The feeling you get when you walk in the front door
- Where you bathe babies in the big kitchen sink
- Where you start your own business
- Where you spend your golden years
- A place to watch movies and sing lullabies
- A place to make memories
- Whatever you want it to be
2 steps to designing your dream home
Develop your vision
You’ve probably got lots of ideas for your custom home, but how do you decide what you and your family really need for your new home to work for you?
Developing the vision for your custom home means asking and answering questions like:
- How many bedrooms do we need?
- Do we have any hobbies that need their own special space?
- Do we want to do a lot of outdoors entertaining?
- What’s my budget?
Find your design style
Granite countertops and hardwood floors are popular, but what if you want something different?
Finding your design style is so much fun because you get to spend time on sites like Houzz and Pinterest looking at everything from home exteriors to floor coverings and throw pillows.
What you like may be different from what you see on television or in magazines, but that’s okay — you want to design your dream home, not someone else’s!
We build custom dream homes
Whether you already have a floorplan or haven’t even decided what you want in a custom home, we’d love to help you.